Travel Visa Insurance is a must when applying for a Schengen Visa
Anyone travelling temporarily to Europe from a country that is subject to visa requirements and need to get the travel insurance, be it an individual visitors or group visitors, tourists, or business travelers.
Who provides Schengen Travel Insurance?
First and foremost, the health insurance policy that you might already possess through your employment contract might cover international medical emergency expenses, however, there are usually limitations to this what is covered i. therefore one shall be well aware of what to expect and what not to expect when having a medical issue in a Schengen territory.
Usually, travelers purchase an individual Schengen travel insurance policy for the days planned to spend in Europe at the rightful insurance provider.
Schengen Visa Insurance Requirements
Medical insurance for Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum coverage of at least 30,000 EUR (equivalent to 50,000 USD).
- It should cover all member states of the Schengen Area.
- Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent health attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.
Even though travel health insurance is worth having for all travelers to Europe, not everyone is required to have it. Travel insurance policy is a mandatory requirement only for travelers who need to apply for a Schengen visa. This group of travelers is always required to have the needed coverage for the entire period of their stay in Europe, regardless if they go there for business, tourism, studying, holidays, or for other reasons.
Foreign travelers visiting Europe who enjoy visa-free travel to the Schengen zone can get their preferred travel insurance policy if they want to and while it is highly recommended – they are not required to.
APPROVED INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR APPLYING FROM PAKISTAN
- Adamjee Insurance Company Ltd
- AIG (New Hampshire Insurance Company)
- Asia Insurance Co Ltd
- Askari General Insurance Company Ltd
- Atlas Insurance Ltd
- CICL (Century Insurance Company Ltd)
- Crescent Star Insurance Limited
- East West Insurance Company Ltd
- EFU General
- Jubilee General Insurance Co. Ltd
- PICIC (Pakistan Industrial Credit Investment Corporation)
- Premier Insurance Limited
- Shaheen Insurance
- SPI Insurance Company Ltd (formerly Saudi Pak)
- TPL Direct Insurance Ltd
- UBL Insurers Ltd
- UIC (United Insurance Company)
- Universal Insurance Co. Ltd
APPROVED INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR APPLYING FROM INDIA
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- Travel Prime Super Age Policy without age limit
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company 3 month – 85 years
- CMS Gen. Insurance Company 0 month – 70 years
- Cigna TTK 0 month – 75 years
- Go Digit General Insurance Limited 0 month – 99 years
- Future Generali India Insurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company 3 months – 70 years
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company 3 months – 50 years
- Policies for Schengen Countries 51-85 years
- IFFCO – Tokio General Insurance Company 3 months – 70 years
- National Insurance Company 6 months – 60 years, Schengen Plan 61- 80 years
- Reliance General Insurance Company 3 months – 70 years
- Travel Care Policy – Schengen Plan up to 71-80years
- Relince Health Insurance Company All plans without age limit
- Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company 3 months – 70 years
- SBI General Insurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- Shriram General Insurance Company 3 Month – 65 years
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company 6 months – 55 years
- Travel Guard (without Sublimits) 56-70 years
- Travel Guard Senior (without Sublimits) 71 years and above
- The New India Assurance Company 6 months – 70 years
- The Oriental Insurance Company 6 months – 60 years
- United India Insurance Company Without age limit.